What do we do?
At Veolia Water, we strive to provide a services of the highest quality to our customers, by continually improving our processes and programmes.
The environment is at the forefront of our business and we are a recognised leader in corporate responsibility. We actively seek opportunities to reduce consumption of natural resources by optimising efficiency, whilst protecting and enhancing the environment. we work in partnership with businesses to consistently deliver results in areas such as water quality and water efficiency.
Our goal is to inform others of the steps we are taking to promote sustainable development, to consult them, and to take into account their views when developing our programmes and plans.
This goal is in line with a commitment by our parent company, Veolia Environnement, to inform and involve our stakeholders.
Veolia Water companies are actively involved in a number of external groups, including:
- Water UK, the water industry trade association
- Business in the Community, an independent, business-led charity that supports member companies to improve their positive impact on society.
- Thames Regional Environmental Protection Advisory Committee
- Environment Agency working groups
- All Party Parliamentary Environment Group
- National Society for Clean Air
- Universities of Hertfordshire and Surrey
- CBI (Environmental Affairs and Academic Relations Committees)
Veolia Water is included in the FTSE4Good Index, an Index Series designed to measure the performance of companies that meet globally recognised corporate responsibility standards.
Veolia Water is part of Veolia Environnement, the world's leading environmental services group operating in 68 countries with 320,000 employees. Veolia Environnment publishes an annual sustainable development report.
Veolia Environnement is listed in the main socially responsible investment indices:
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Ethibel Sustainability Index
- The Sustainability Yearbook 2008
Veolia Environnement is a member of: